Some nights there comes that time when your child has a high fever and you can’t afford to sleep because you are constantly being forced to check his or her body temperature. There are millions of couples that have the same problem and are facing sleepless nights and having family issues. Raising a baby may be one of the most difficult experiences in the world, but you should also enjoy doing so.
That’s why iSense came to life, in order to find a solution to this problem. For the first time ever, we’ll start using wearable technology on babies. iSense is a simple and efficient thermometer for babies. As they also state on their Indiegogo campaign:
“You just strap it around your childs abdomen, switch the power on and connect to your android device with bluetooth.”
After starting the Android application, you can set the temperature for the alarm; so if your baby exceeds 38,5°C, you will be able to get an instant notification to give him the medicine that he/she needs. The App works with bluetooth and you can receive the notifications through alarms or simple vibrations but – they as they also state – you can even receive a direct SMS to your phone number.
The App is also able to track you and show a graph curve of your recent temperature that you can bring with you when you meet with your doctor and will have chargeable batteries that last 40+ hours.
At the moment, iSense is raising money on Indiegogo through a crowdfunding campaign. Their aim is to raise $2,000 in order to deliver the first product with the Android app. If you pledge before the 25th of November, you’ll receive iSense before Christmas.
These are the specs:
- Bluetooth connection with Android phone (v2.2 and higher)
- Realtime body temperature monitor
- History data curve for body temperature
- Alarm when body temperature reaches set user value
- Alarm by vibrating and ringing the phone
- As an alarm, can make a phone call or / and send SMS to another phone
- Comfortable wearing from babies to elderly people with velcro bandage
- ℃/℉ switchable temperature units
- Operating range: 35.0℃～43.0℃/95℉～109.4℉
- Relative precision: 0.1℃/0.18℉
- Rechargeable battery lasts 40 hours from full charge
iSense seems a crazy, but interesting, project with a specific niche that it’s probably going to do very well. It is, however, interesting to see how in many different ways technology can be used to improve people’s lives.